The Trustees are ultimately responsible for the management and administration of Zurich Community Trust [ZCT], including the management of complaints. Complaints from members of the Trust, volunteers or from people with whom ZCT comes into contact within the course of its work will be taken seriously.
ZCT views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future as well as a chance to put things right for the person or organisation that has made the complaint.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint
- To make sure everyone at ZCT knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way
- To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired
- To gather information which helps us to improve what we do
- To provide an annual complaints return to the Fundraising Regulator
Definition of a Complaint
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of ZCT activity.
Where Complaints comes from
Complaints may come from any person or organisation who has a legitimate interest in the activities in ZCT, for example, beneficiaries, donors and members of the local community.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
Overall responsibility for this policy lies with ZCT’s Board of Trustees and the ZCT ‘Trust Executive’ whilst its implementation lies with the Head of ZCT and the wider ZCT team.
Scope of the Policy
This policy applies to all complaints made against ZCT as a result of the activities of ZCT which have been raised as a matter of concern but which have not been capable of informal resolution and which the complainant or ZCT considers should be dealt with on a formal basis. ZCT expects that before seeking to use this formal policy the complainant will have made reasonable attempts to seek an informal resolution of the position.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of ZCT's activity, as defined above in the "Definition of a Complaint" and you have already raised the matter with ourselves informally but now wish to raise this formally please put the complaint in writing or by email using the online Complaints Form here and send it to Steve Grimmett, Head of Zurich Community Trust, Tri Centre One, New Bridge Square, Swindon, SN1 1HN.
Should the complainant have a disability which prevents this, then please contact ZCT for assistance.
Steve Grimmett, Head of ZCT, will then put her findings in writing and indicate what steps if any should be taken to resolve the matter. Whenever reasonably possible this will be done within 15 days of the discussion with the complainant.